Monday, August 9, 2010

A Weekend Challenge

Well, things did not go quite as I planned. I had to make some adjustments in the plan to accommodate my hunger. This was the first time I really had an issue with it. I think it might have been because I was at home, not at work.

1:30 I had a Mocha Shake which I "doctored" with almond extract.

About 3:00 I had a Strawberry Shake to which I add some Torani Sugar Free Raspberry syrup. This make a richer shake.

By 4:00 I was really hungry. I had been planning to have my "Lean and Green" meal at 5:30, but I couldn't wait. I contemplated what to do and decided since I was thinking about "surf and turf" anyway, why not eat the "surf" now? So, I weigh out 3 oz of steamed shrimp and am surprised this is 12 medium shrimp! I use a little cocktail sauce and feel like I'm being decadent.

I was able to wait until 6:30 for my dinner. I had 3 oz of London broil which I re-heated in a very small amount of beef broth with some mushrooms. I also had green beans (fresh!) with a little butter spray and Mrs. Dash. With this I had a salad with romaine, iceberg, spinach, some tomatoes, and Newman's Own dressing.

9:00 I tried the Banana Pudding. THIS time, I knew how to use the shaker jar and I didn't make a mess. This did not appeal to me. The flavor just wasn't right. Still drinking my 64 oz of water!

Went to bed about 11 and took an Ambien. I still got up 3 times to go to the bathroom!

8:00 AM Sunday Had a chocolate shake while I read the paper and started the NYT Crossword. I had decided that I would pre-make some Lean and Green meal proteins. My health coach had given me some recipes and I decided to make Broccoli Chicken Divan and Meatballs and Sauce from those she gave me. I also decided to make a crock pot pork tenderloin, and since I had bought an (expensive) pound of crabmeat, crab imperial and flounder stuffed with crabmeat. I got started on some of this and-- you guessed it-- it was time to eat again!

11:00 I had the Blueberry Oatmeal. This was "okay" but I was disappointed in the flavor. I continued my culinary excursion. The "sauce" for the meatballs was made from fresh tomatoes. The cooking time was only 10-15 minutes. This was really too short to make a real sauce. So, I took the cooked tomatoes and seasoning and pureed them. I split this up among the pound and a quarter of 96% lean ground beef. I had 4 portions of regular sized meatballs, 4 and a half in each portion!
I found a flounder/crab recipe online and adapted it to Take Shape for Life requirements-- no bread crumbs! Instead, to hold the crab together, I used some eggbeaters. And of course no lump of butter on the top! But, with butter flavor Pam on the bottom of the baking dish and some spray butter on top, this dish turned out delicious! I had four portions and froze three for future use.

3:30 I had the flounder I had just made as a lean and green meal. Along with this I had some green beans and a nice salad mix. This was A LOT of food. I decided since I had a messy kitchen now, I might as well try two Medifast recipes. I used the Peach oatmeal to make mini muffins. I thought I could take these in a baggie to my breakfast meeting. They looked pretty good and the one packet made 8 mini muffins. But, I probably didn't fill up the cups enough. I think next time I'll make 6. I then used the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal to make cookies. This just needed some baking powder and a little extra spice. The cookies turned out soft and I liked that about them.

6:00 I realize I have to get in THREE more meals today! I had some Chicken Noodle Soup and tried to set some timelines for the other two meals.

8:00 MMMMMM another Orange Creme Shake. This is quickly turning into my favorite. But the problem is it is already 8:30 when I am done and I need to get to bed by 10-10:30 since I have work tomorrow! I decide to take my Peanut Butter Crunch Bar upstairs with me (along with a 16 oz water) and eat it the last thing I do after I get ready for bed.

10:30-- I try the Peanut Butter Bar. Pretty good. I was a little concerned about drinking water so late, but c'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment