Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Week Weigh In

Okay, so I know you want to know the results of the first weigh in (I just weigh myself) after I have been on the plan for a week, so I'll start with that, then go back and give you the low down from Monday to today.
Well, although I had some misgivings after the district breakfast I had to attend, I did end up losing 10 pounds. I am on my way to my next 10...



Tuesday, August 10
6:45 AM I'm ready to leave the house and grab my peach mini muffins that I made from the Medifast oatmeal. I plan on having these and filling my glass with Crystal Light Orange Sunrise. I am nervous, but feel I have a plan. I eat two muffins on the way. They are bite sized. When I get to Four Seasons where the breakfast is being catered, my custodians see me right away and lead me to a table. The breakfast is a thank you for our support staff. I'm glad they come get me because it means I won't have to sit with the other principals and explain why I am eating differently from everyone. However, there are no plates on the table because it is buffet. I need to get in line with my table to get a plate. I decide to have some of the scrambled eggs that are there since they look like they are made from real eggs. Eggs are on the diet, but I will have to adjust my "real meal" later in the day as they count as protein. I take an amount that seems within the limits and then see they have ham, not bacon. I take two small triangles, about 1" each side and very thin. I get out of line before I move past the french toast, etc.
At my seat, I pull out four mini muffins and add them to my plate. I was sitting beside one of our younger custodians who is rather shy, very nice, and is slightly "challenged" from a brain tumor when he was 15. He noticed the muffins and asked what they were. I said oatmeal muffins. He said, "Are you on a restricted diet?" I said yes and he said, "My mother is on a restricted diet. It's hard." BIG SIGH (from me). Everyone else heard and there were no more questions, just acceptance.
What I didn't remember until the night before, was that my challenges would just continue. We were to go right from the breakfast meeting to central office for Admin Meeting. This is usually a 3-4 hour meeting. I realized ahead of time that I would need another "meal" during this meeting. I brought a "S'mores" crunch bar and some water, which I kept refilling while we were meeting. Some others had brought a drink: water, soda, coffee. But I think I was the only one with a snack. I was the lucky one as the meeting lasted until after 12.

1:00 I head back to my building because it is time for me to eat again!! I have some of the Chicken Noodle Soup and am glad to find I still like it. I discover when I log my breakfast and lunch in my Lose It app that the breakfast was the most fat, calories, and sodium I have had all week! I think about skipping my lean and green later in the day and having one of the snack foods or meals instead.

5:00 I get home and I get on the scale just to see if I've done any real "damage." Guilt from this morning's "feast" at breakfast is getting to me. I am shocked when I get on (even though this is a "heavy" time of day for me.) I know when I weigh myself in the morning I will be a couple pounds lighter, but I began to worry that I had gained a pound or two back. I didn't want that. Even so, I decide I am too hungry to just have a snack, so I figure I will eat the "crab imperial" I made and have a salad because crab is very low calorie and fat, and I haven't had any veggies today. This was smart because I think I would have been starving. As it was, it wasn't really a FULL extra meal since I only ate half the crab (about 3 oz instead of the 7). The crab was really just some seasoned crabmeat with a tiny bit of eggbeaters to hold it together, but it is really good. I made some green beans (I had gotten some FRESH snap beans and you'd be surprised how long they last when you are only eating a half cup at a time.) I make them so they are still crisp. I have a small bowl of tomatoes and cucumbers.


8:00 I have a vanilla shake and add DaVinci Sugar Free Caramel Syrup.....mmmmm and eat the last two of my muffins with this.

9:30 Still not completely satisfied I have a Kemp's Sugar Free Lime Popsicle. I figured I could stand the 10 calories, no fat, no cholesterol, no sugar.

So I have a pretty restless night-- up a few times.

Wednesday I get up in the morning to "face the music" and am delighted that I have actually lost one more pound for a total of 10 pounds in one week!

Today I tried a new item-- Medifast Maryland Crab Soup. It was very good: nice and spicy. I may try the Peanut Butter soft serve tonight for my last meal. I'm going to heat up a serving of the meatballs and fresh tomato sauce with a green salad as my dinner. I'm getting hungry now-- well, for heaven's sake, I haven't eaten since 4:30 and it's almost 6 now.

Still two challenges this week: dinner out Friday night and the Pig Roast on Saturday. I will see some of you there on Saturday where you WILL see less of me than you saw the last time you saw me!

No comments:

Post a Comment