Thursday, October 7, 2010

9 Weeks...

So, you thought I made it over a hurdle and I'd have smooth sailing this week? That was not to be.  Sunday and Monday went pretty well. I had missed my exercise day last Thursday, since there was torrential rain, so I did get back into it on Monday. On Tuesday, I had a dinner out to attend. I had looked at the menu online and saw I was in trouble. The place was trios, a place I enjoyed before Medifast, but now I noticed their menu was big on fried stuff, burgers, sandwiches, and pizza. ALL of the appetizers were off limits, so I couldn't even rely on those. Except for the house salad, all the specialty salads were no-nos.  Okay. I had to think creatively. I ordered a house salad not dressing ( I brought my own), and a turkey burger, no bun, no chips, etc.  This worked out well, even though I'm sure the turkey burger was NOT made from 99% FF. Now, this led into a day where I was running a workshop all day, which included breakfast and lunch and then was heading to my great niece's second birthday dinner. 

Here's how I handled THAT: I had a medifast shake in the morning. The breakfast I ordered was scones and cheese. Working with the district caterer, I was able to get low-fat cheeses, so I could have a piece of that! I had a tropical punch at break time. Then lunch came. I had given participants a choice of two entrees, one of which I could eat. Some people had Cuban sandwiches, red potato salad, and fresh veggies.  Others (and Me) had Salmon Caesar Salad. I had asked for mine with no carrots, but I forgot to ask them to leave out and "side dishes." I was dismayed to see that wonderful red potato salad in my "container."  I resisted the urge to try it, but successfully, although regretfully, disposed of it all after I finished my salad.  I also successfully ignored the fabulous soft bread sticks provided with the salad!
Since I had not ordered dessert, I bought frosting covered brownies and sugar cookies for everyone else. Why was I buying things *I* like to eat???? Worse yet, there were leftovers.  I packed them up in my presentation box and decided I would either take them into the party or put the in the faculty room the next day. Unbelievably, they made it the whole way through the night in my car and then to the faculty room. 
My nephew had made some great barbeque and there was a WHITE sheet cake!  I resisted those, for the most part and had some cucumber and tomatoes with the dressing I had brought along for lunch and I was encouraged that morning when I got on the scale and had lost a couple more pounds, so I was able to resist pretty well. I had brought a medifast crab soup, so I made that and when everyone had cake, I ate a Medifast brownie I had ready to go.

Oddly, after I got over my second month need to turn all the Medifast into something else, I am now eating a lot of "pure" Medifast. I have also been very busy, so I don't really have the time to make different things. We'll see what happens as I progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment