Sunday, September 19, 2010

Experimenting and Making Fitness Progress

I have been trying several new recipes using Medifast products as the base and am slowly building a repertoire that will help me with both cravings and with becoming more prepared to eat away form home without having to do major preparations.

I've now made fudge-like candy from the Cocoa Mix. You add sugar free syrup, so I tried it once with Raspberry and once with Caramel. Liked it both times. Today I made a new "bread" using the cream of chicken soup. This was very easy and made a "puff" that could be cut in two, toasted, and made into a sort of grilled cheese sandwich. Very satisfying.

Yesterday I made a no-bake brownie from Medifast Cocoa and Pudding. The recipe called for peanut butter, but I substituted PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and this worked out just fine. It also asked for Sugar free peanut butter syrup, but I can only find a few kinds around here, so I substituted Hazelnut. As I said, just fine!
So far I have Raspberry, Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Caramel syrups. They are the type you can get at coffee shops. Since I don't drink coffee I don't really know what else might be available out there.
So,  anyway, these recipes are making things interesting.
I am slowly losing more pounds and only have a couple more to get to my 30 lb goal by Sept. 27.

On Wednesday, I got a new exercise routine. My intensity was increased again and the amount of weight I use in certain exercises was upped.  I am noticing my endurance, at least at doing these routines, is improving.  My Fitness Coach was watching me get my heart monitor ready the other day and said, "Nancy, you are really looking smaller!"  She meant this in a good way :)

I tried a Zumba class at my regular gym and lasted 40 minutes. I had been excited to try it, but when I did, it seemed like same old, same old, to different music. It seemed to me to have very repetitive movements. even from song to song. I was able to follow even the fast movements pretty well,  but it still seemed pretty boring. I think I'll try Jazzercise again since I like that music better than the Latin stuff. ( The Latin beat is great, but the songs are a bit "too much" lyric wise.) And I still want to try the BodyFlow class, which I assume has Yoga movements and music. Having these options for the future are encouraging since I will at some point have to add more exercise to keep losing.

 On Friday, I did a puzzle cache after work and it ended up taking me to Stauffer's parking lot, where they were having a Lobster Fest. I got a steamed lobster to take home for dinner. ( I regretted not being able to have the baked potato, cole slaw and roll that usually goes along with it, but I was glad at last I had the option of getting the lobster alone.) Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the watery-ness and lake of meat on it. I guess I should either make my own or get it when I'm at a better restaurant.


So, I guess mentally I'm back in the game, although I am still working through challenges. It will be great when this gets to be second nature. We have Parent's Night this week so that will be another challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment