Wednesday, September 15, 2010

6 Week Progress

After fighting off the doldrums of a month on the program, I am back to a pretty much stable situation. Although I am still looking for ways to make things fit better into my "real" life, I am back to doing what I am supposed to, whenever I can. My "reward" this morning when I did my six week weigh in was a loss of 26 pounds total. People are beginning to notice a change, and I would say I am too. Today I wore a suit for picture day that I haven't worn for a while. It was nice to see a good fit.
I am still experimenting with recipes, for both Medifast foods and "real" food. The last few things I posted pictures of were Cinnamon Pudding cookies which I made from  Medifast Vanilla Pudding, using a recipe similar to the shake cake. I also made a huge ( pie plate size) Baked Spinach and Mushroom Frittata which, although it was supposed to be one serving, was way too much for me. I had a quarter of it at lunch and then ate the rest of my protein and veggies later as dinner. This dish had 2 cups of Egg Beaters as a base. The next thing I tried as a rootbeer float! This was very easy to make with a Medifast Vanilla Shake, diet root beer in place of the water to mix and ice. Not a lot of "float" but it had a good, creamy rootbeer flavor. Also pictured on my blog is a crockpot vegetable dish called Crockpot Curry Cauliflower Soup. This soups was mostly canned tomatoes and cauliflower, with seasonings and was easy as could be since it was in the crockpot. I took it out when done and pureed it. Good flavor.

I am still looking for good recipes for my Medifast foods that I can make and take with me. As I look to the future and things that lie ahead, I know this will be a key for me. I have  a 2 day weekend away coming up in less than a month and don't know if I'll have access to electricity, so I will have to take everything with me. I also have a four day conference at the end of next month where three meals and snacks will be provided and there will be some nights when we go "out on the town" ( D.C.) to eat and enjoy ourselves. I will have to figure out how to deal with four days in a row of this. And be unobtrusive about it.
But my next challenge is tomorrow when I have a four (or more) hour meeting in the morning. I'll have to take provisions plus be ready in case there is something I must handle the minute I get back to my building.
 I have a few more Medifast recipes I can try and see how they will "travel."
I actually went to my regular gym on Saturday and took a class called BodyVive Light. It almost killed me! (laugh) It was only half an hour, but there were so few people in it that I was definitely noticeable and could not "cheat" on any moves. It was basically exercising to music and not in a fun way. I did about 20 minutes on the stationery bike and then decided to leave even though I had planned to stay for another class called BodyFlow. That one I may like, though, as it seems like it could be yoga set to music. I'll try again when I have free time.
I did some caching with my sister Laurie that afternoon since it was such a nice day. So I got a lot of activity in even though I sort of wimped out at the gym.

I have to pay more attention to my meal choices again as right now I have been so busy I just grab a baggies with 5 Medifast products in it and head off to work, sometimes without checking what I had packed in there together. My freezer is packed full of Lean and green meals right now so I also don't pay a lot of attention to that.  I feel like I should do more here or I may flag in my commitment. But, for now at least, I am back on track with the program. I want to reach the 30 lbs lost stage at the end of my second month (8weeks) which will be up on September 29. With 4 pounds to go, I don't want to get overconfident about that!
Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment