Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day

I had a rough weekend. It was Labor Day and I had four days off work.  Moving into that unstructured time was difficult and added to that I have reached the point where research says most people give up on their diets.  Even the excitement of losing 21 pounds in four weeks couldn't overcome the creeping frustration of the constant food preparation and having to always be "prepared."  I went out for some errands on Friday and decided it was so nice out, I would do some nearby caches. This got me messed up on eating-- I stayed out too long and had to run home and quick make something. Over the weekend I also attended the Geocachers' Fear Factor 2 Event. This was a picnic, games, and socializing. I resisted my own treats, even though they looked really good. I did make some deviled eggs and could have one of those.  I had to make several items to take with me so I would have what I needed and not be too tempted. I made some 97% FF ground beef and 99% FF ground turkey burgers that also had mushrooms and green peppers in them. Since they were very lean I could have two, without buns, of course. I also took a salad and dressing with me.

I did get off track mostly because I was feeling very deprived and that everything was such a lot of work. Even though I had brought my own food, I ended up eating a hot dog (without a bun). This isn;t my favorite, so it was an odd choice.  Then my frustration just got stronger. Finally on Tuesday I returned to work, and to structure, and had an easier time than I thought I would getting back on track.
I went out for dinner that night at a mini-golf/ restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find I could have broasted chicken and a salad. I had forgotten my dressing, though. And, although this had a lot more calories and fat than I have been having, I didn't do too much damage. My weight held steady, and then after a day, I started losing again. I am only glad I didn't get way off track. So, not that it is any easier, I feel like I can do this again for a little while. I am hoping for another 10 pounds in this month. We'll see if I can do that!

I also tried a new food for me-- scallops. There is a picture on the blog. They tasted pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment