Thursday, November 4, 2010

Two Busy Weeks

Well, I realize that I missed my entry last week. I was out of town for several days and there were other things going on. So.... I didn't get to 45 pounds last week, but I did reach 42.  I left on Saturday for 4 days of conference where food would be provided during the day and at night we would go out as a group to some great restaurants. As you can imagine, this presented many challenges. Before I left, I made some Medifast brownies and some of my Dilly Biscuits made from Medifast products. These proved to be life savers as when I got to the hotel there was no microwave in the room, so I was stuck with cold things. I did manage to get a room with a refrigerator.

 I would have the biscuits in the morning and the brownies for a snack during the day or when I got home in the evening. I managed to use Medifast pretzels as one meal each day and I didn't manage to get all five Medifast meals in. I usually had about 2 tablespoons of eggs and one sausage link in the morning, skipping the potatoes, bacon, croissants, bagels, fruit, and sweet rolls.

Luckily there was salad and a variety of roasted meats and fish each day at lunch, so I had small servings of those. I had brought some Newman's Own dressing so I was set in the day. It was very hard to by pass the soft bread sticks, rolls, and other sides that I couldn't have.  I caved one day and had two tablespoons of mashed red potatoes ( they were great-- it was the first time I had potato in 3 months!).  I skipped the great desserts-- I don't even know what they were  since I tried not to look at them.  know there were cakes and pies, though.
Evening was interesting since I didn't always know where we were going or what they would have. I ended up having salad most places, plus crab (broiled), shrimp, salmon, and/or steak with whatever vegetables I could get that are on my plan.  This worked well, even though I was eating more than my plan allowed per day.
When other people with me had lava cake and creme brulee, it was a little tough to resist as were the wonderful breads at each place. But I knew I wasn't really hungry, I just WANTED these.
I also managed to go to the fitness area in the hotel everyday and do most of my routine, or adapt it. I also took the Metro into DC on Sunday morning ( Nate, this was during the annual marine Marathon), and spent three hours walking around finding caches. I know I walked several miles total since after two hours, I saw the next cache I wanted to get was a mile away and I decided to go for it.
This paid off well since when I got home I not only didn't gain any weight, I lost two more pounds.
I am having a little trouble getting back to a strict plan, but I am doing my best. I am now within 15 pounds of my "level one" goal weight-- the amount that I said I want to lose AT LEAST this much. We'll see how close I get by the end of the month.
My next challenge is waiting in the wings... tomorrow I go to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater. They are known for their buffet.  I'm not REAL concerned about this since I know they will have salad and carving stations, so I can get the basics and some veggies. I'll just have to resist all the other stuff!

I'll let you know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment